Monday, February 9, 2015

Answering Prayer


I have to admit that yesterday was the 1st time I have ever watched the movie "Evan Almighty".  I don't know why I hadn't seen it...I really loved the movie "Bruce Almighty"....   I guess motherhood had somehow gotten in the way of me being available to notice and make time for the movie "Evan Almighty".   But, oh my, what a GREAT movie!   And I am SO glad that I watched it!

There were so many wonderful parts of this movie; which depicts the journey of Noah building the Ark, only a modern day Noah in a modern World.

There is a scene in this movie where Evan's wife and children have left him, for fear that he has gone crazy..... And his wife is in a restaurant, and speaks with the waiter, "Al Mighty", about their problems.....    
The advice that "Al Mighty" gives her is as follows:
"If someone Prays for Patience, do you think God gives them patience, or does he give them the opportunity to be patient?   If someone prays for courage, does God give them Courage or does he give them opportunities to be courageous?  If someone prays for family closeness, does God zap them with warm fuzy feelings or does he give them opporuities to love each other...."

If you'd like to watch that scene, go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikes4yPulmI.

Wow, huh?  What a WONDERFUL way to look at the way in which God answers Prayer!!!  Sometimes we wonder why we have not received an answer to our prayers, but this explanation just reminds us that we need to watch closely for all of the opportunities that God puts in front of us, that allow us chances to accomplish that which we were praying for!  As I watched that scene over and over and thought about the past year in my own life; I was absolutely blown away by all of the instances in which God placed what I thought were "obstacles" in the way of MY plans, only to lead me right into opportunities to accomplish HIS plan, and in turn, realize the answers to my Prayers!   What an amazing and awesome God we have!!

May you watch and listen closely, for the Opportunities that God sends your way!



No comments:

Post a Comment