Saturday, January 20, 2018

Live By Grace, Not By Perfection

Live by grace,
not by perfection.

That is the sign above my desk at work.

I need to be reminded of that every day!

Does someone in your life expect perfection from you?

If so, hold strong to the truth that we cannot obtain perfection, and that is OK.

I find myself striving so hard to please others.

Especially when it comes to my coworkers, who demand perfection from me. It is very difficult when we find ourselves in situations in life, in which perfection is expected.  As believers, we know in our hearts that perfection is unattainable for us, but that does not make the pressure from the World around us go away.

The grace of God is Enough! Believe it!  Live it!  Know it every day!

The only human that could ever, can ever, and will ever obtain perfection, was half-human half-holy, Jesus our Christ. So if the people in your life are pushing you towards perfection, stand firm in your belief that God's grace is enough!

We can sometimes put so much pressure on ourselves; the last thing we need is to internalize pressure from others!

Listen to the truth in these scriptures I highlight today. 

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters

1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace towards me was not in vain

As long as we work with all our heart, and give our personal best to whatever we do, the grace of God makes that enough!

You are enough just as you are!

Listen to this wonderful song, that I have chosen to interpret to be about the struggle to accept that we are Enough. And also that Jesus' sacrifice if Enough for us and we do not need to strive so hard! 


You are enough for God! Jesus is enough for you.

Put a stop the pressure around you and within you, pushing toward perfection. Believe that You are enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment