Monday, April 20, 2015

Remember



Last weekend, the worship band that I am in played/performed "Remember" by Laura Story. I was very excited when the worship leader chose this song for the weekend after Easter! How fitting!


I didn't expect, though, that I would continue thinking about that song, and Jesus' sacrifice all week long...but that is the effect it had on me...

It seems sort of natural/normal to me to feel Easter joy all year through, but that the only time that we really mourn the amazing, unbelievable sacrifice of Jesus, and of God through His Son, is holy week. 

But why? As these lyrics say over and over, we should be moved to remember, all the time... 

The song talks of the bittersweet-ness of the immense sacrifice of Jesus. We need to consider both the blessed, amazing, unmistakable gift that He gave us, by dying for all of our sins; and of the sadness of the death of our Savior, God's Son.

I am truly thankful for this reminder that I've been contemplating all week. I have been in a mental tails-spin between praising the gifts we were given through Jesus, and the bittersweet nature of the whole thing... I mean, our Savior and Lord was killed for us. He took all the blame for my sins, our sins, the world's sin to come. The more I think about it, the more astonished I am by the magnitude of Jesus' existence, and the never ending blessing that God gave us through him!

Wishing you all a Blessed Week!   Remember! 


No comments:

Post a Comment