Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Thank God for Psalms!

Psalms 19:14

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer."

On my way to worship band rehearsal tonight, the above verse popped into my mind, and hasn't left since.... You see, I have heard myself saying (under my breath) some less-than-desirable words over the past few days.  I am feeling down and defeated, because I have been experiencing extreme low back pain, along with nausea.  

Over the last 3 weeks I have missed several 'fun' family events due to this pain and being ill, and I have also missed a considerable amount of work.  But, the last 3-4 days, have proven to be especially challenging.... and I have noticed my attitude change from the usual, peppy, me; to grumpy, frowning, negative me.  

Well today, I finally got a medical answer.... doctors confirmed what they suspected, that I have a herniated disk in my low back.  I felt a certain amount of relief, finally being told, for certain, what I am dealing with.  

As I mentally processed this news, less than 4 hrs. after the Dr's call; I decided, as the above verse ran through my mind, that I need to go about this new "hurdle" in life, in an entirely different way....

I decided that I would much rather be thankful, than grumpy.  Having decided that I wish to try my best to have the words from my mouth and those in my mind, be grateful to the Lord, and praise and glorify him; I was able to put a stop to the negativity in my mind!  Yes, I am still scared.  I am still worried by my level of pain, but I am also finding new STRENGTH in the Lord, that I did not have earlier today. I just needed a reminder, from God, that He gives me strength, and that He is always watching out for me and caring for me!  

As I write this post, another verse is coming into my mind, part of Psalms 23...  "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.  He makes me lay down in green pastures...." 

Thank you Lord, so very much, for MAKING ME "lay down", and rest my mind and body. Thank you Lord for reminding me that every word from my mouth and mediation of my heart are heard by You, and should be pleasing to and praising You. And most importantly, Lord, Thank you for reminding me that YOU are my STRENGTH, and therefore I need not worry, You take care of ALL of Your children! 



No comments:

Post a Comment