Tuesday, March 31, 2015

When my Knees Hit the Gound

Late last week, I heard a wonderful new song on Christian radio, as I was driving to work.  I listened intently to the wonderful lyrics!  Ever since that morning, I haven't been able to get a phrase from the song's chorus part out of my mind.... "I touch the sky, when my knees hit the ground."

Isn't that the truth!   Every time that phrase has crossed my mind over the last several days, I have thought "Wow!".  What a beautiful mental image I get, of all of us being at our best, excelling, getting through tough things, smiling, laughing, at the same times in life when we are kneeling and praying fiercely to God.

I myself DO feel like I can touch the sky, when my knees hit the ground!  When I am faithful in my prayer life, and I am diligent about asking God for help and guidance, I feel confident that I can face anything!   Prayer gives us all the inner strength and courage to move forward in whatever personal battle that we are facing!

For me, prayer reiterates the wonderful love of God, and makes me feel even closer to his watchful care.  The more I pray and look to God, the more I feel him walking right beside me through everyday life!

What a beautiful picture I have in my mind, imaging a child of God being nearest to "touching the sky" when they are on their knees, opening up their fears, failures, worries to him.   It is through prayer that we can strengthen our connection with God each and every day, and feel his presence so close to us, that we feel we are touching the sky, and at home in his care!

I searched the internet for an image that would portray the beautiful thoughts that song has given me....  Here is what I found:



When we humbly kneel before God, and ask for his help, forgiveness, and more, we open ourselves up to him and his amazing works! The act of falling to our knees and needing Him, truly needing Him, creates an amazing connection!  What a wonderful feeling it is to know that our great God is right beside us whenever we need him!

While I was searching through images, for one that spoke to my heart, I also came across this one,


and wanted to share it's beauty as well.  This image too, is the closeness that I feel emotionally, soul to ear, with God, when I am kneeling before Him!

The power and love of God is felt best when we are in a vulnerable position, "on our knees".  I am SO very grateful for being reminded of this powerful connection, by the words of an amazing song!

I searched high and low for the song, and finally found it to share with you, Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1RQciil7B0



2 comments:

  1. I love it when God speaks to me through music! Love the photos you found for this post!

    ReplyDelete