Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dreams

We all have things that we dream of doing, or dream of becoming....  We wouldn't be as motivated to move through life on certain paths, if we did not have dreams and goals!  I have dreamt for a long time of being a successful Public Speaker.  I long to inspire others with the knowledge that I have gained through my difficult life experiences!


Over the past 3 years, I have been stuck in a cycle of 6 months of semi-frequent Public presentations, and then 6 months of none, repeat, repeat....  Last month, I had become very discouraged!  I was feeling sorry for myself and wondering what I was doing wrong, that I hadn't had an opportunity to speak for some time...  Because of my sadness and weakness, I decided to attend a Christian Women's Coffee group, that I hadn't made a priority for quite some time...  I listened to the wonderful speaker talk about setting goals and following through toward your dreams.  She was very motivational, telling us all that we CAN accomplish whatever we set our minds to!  Then, we had small group discussion time at our tables, and I remember telling the other 3 ladies at my table, "I've just been so discouraged, because I have been trying so hard to attain my goals of Public Speaking!"  The ladies (perfect strangers) were very sweet and encouraging, and stated that they would pray for me.  One of them said, "Why don't you be a featured speaker at one of these events?"  To which I answered, "I have applied to be, but they haven't contacted me back"....


Also that night, there were discussion questions; one of which was something to this effect.....List something that you have been wanting to do, that you vow to DO this week.....


I remember that evening so well, and that I left that Women's group, still defeated, but less burdened, because now there were 3 women (whom I had just met) that were going to pray for MY dream!


And that is when things turned around!  I received an email, only 3 days after that night, from the coordinator of that Christian Women's coffee group, asking if I'd like to be the featured speaker in March.   Yea!   The feeling of relief and excitement that I received from getting that email, prompted me to look back at the discussion questions that I had filled out only days before; and my written answer to the question of "something I've been wanting to do" was to attend a Public Speaker Conference.  So, that week, I researched the one I wished to attend, registered for it, and booked my travel plans! How very empowering it felt to take that step toward my Dream!


By the way....I said an ecstatic YES to speaking for the Coffee group, and I am doing so TOMORROW NIGHT!  I am looking forward to it so very much!   I can't wait to see where God takes me in my presentation, and thereafter!


Prayers GET answered, and Dreams Do Come True!   Stick with God, and All Things are Possible! :)


Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment