Sunday, March 20, 2016

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Boast about our weaknesses?  Really?  How many people gladly boast about their Weaknesses?  It seems that many of us are so good at boasting about our talents, possessions, and our strengths.....but boasting about our hardships and difficulties, that is a difficulty in and of itself!

I am here, writing, today, to do just that.  "When I am weak, then I am strong." I can tell you from experience, that statement is completely true!   It took me several trials in life to see that, but now I understand that every difficulty that God puts in our path, is designed to make us stronger! 

Here are some examples from my life.....

When I was severely injured in High School by a drunk driver, I learned to persevere, through physical and mental recovery.  I am still persevering through the pain from injuries sustained, and am delighting in that life trial, by speaking to anyone who will let me, about the consequences of distracted driving! 

When my children were younger, and medical issues for both of them came to light, the years of their many medical appointments, therapies, and health scares, were very difficult to say the least!  There have been many times in motherhood that I have truly contemplated 'giving up'...I mean, it really is the toughest job ever, and the most exhausting too!   But, through those difficulties, I learned the true force behind unconditional love, and I was forced to more fully understand (and trust) God's unconditional love for me!  Just knowing the depth of God's love for all of His children, makes me more secure each day, in who I am as His child! 

I have mentioned on this Blog before, how very important music and singing in the worship band is to me.   There was a time of trial, when someone close to me accused me of being in the worship band for "personal recognition" reasons.  I was hurt so deeply by that comment, but after a few days, it forced me to deeply explore my reasons for devoting so much time to worship band.....  This trial helped me grow infinitely more close to the Lord, and to my church family, as I explored the reasons for my dedication to the band, and as I verified to myself, how honored I am to share my God given gifts, to help others worship our wonderful God!

These trials, and many others, have done nothing but make me a stronger person, with a stronger faith, through each and every trial!

I am certain there are more trials to come, but I look forward to them with anticipation, because I cannot wait to see how I grow from them! 

I can honestly and wholeheartedly agree that weakness does make us stronger, that God's power IS made perfect through weakness, and I can happily boast about my difficulties in this life! God’s power and grace shine brightest when we are made to look more closely at them! 

Love and Peace to you this week! 

And please, if you know someone struggling through a trial right now, remind them that God has placed that trial for a reason, and the glory and grace that come after it, are worth the difficulty! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LIKE My Facebook Page "Consequences of Distracted Driving" for stories and details about the impact of distracted driving. 

Also, if you are interested in me speaking to a group about any topic mentioned above, please check out my website, 
www.frommylifetoyourheart.com


No comments:

Post a Comment