Sunday, April 24, 2016

I really could...



A few weeks ago, as the worship band that I sing in was rehearsing prior to worship, we began singing "I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever" by Hillsong. 

Here's the tune link, in case you'd like to listen to it: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeCwwaciAA8

That certainly is a beautiful song, but I must admit that we have been singing this for so many years, and the chorus part is so repetitious, that I was singing, annoyed, at the familiarity of the tune.....

But as soon as I felt that feeling, I chose to close my eyes, and force myself to 'feel' the music, and internalize the words as I sang them....  By the end of the tune, I had goosebumps, and was swaying involuntarily. 

I was overcome by the amazing love of God! 

As the song says, over all the Earth, His love runs!  It spills out of ever bit of His creation, constantly overflowing.   Overflowing, so much that we should never feel less than completely and entirely covered in His love!  Sometimes though, in the 'repetition' of life, that fact gets lost....

If you really think about it, each one of us has some place to go or something to do, that makes us feel the most connected to God....   For me, that is through music.  Whether listening or singing, Christian music opens up a direct line from my heart, to God's, every time!

I perform worship music at multiple church services, on most weekends, and I can honestly say, I really Will Sing of HIS Love Forever!

So, today, find your personal way of obtaining your deepest connection with God; and then continue it forever!  There nothing greater than feeling the deep love of God and connecting deeply with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment