Monday, April 25, 2016

To my child who fears...

To my child who fears:

I wanted you to know that there is no use fearing things you cannot control. 

We can only control our trust in God. God loves us and will protect us!

Last night after sitting next to you, seeing you cry to sleep, full of doubt about safety, and fears of the unknown, I decided to do some scripture searching, and a whole lot of praying.  I searched for scripture verses about trusting God, and I prayed and prayed that He would hold you in His safe arms, and remind you, day after day, that you are His child too, and He will protect you..... 

And, my dear, He WILL protect you, and hold you, even more than I can and do!

The first Christian book that I looked to, in which I indexed "Trusting God", led me to all of Psalm 121, "The Lord My Guardian"

     I raise my eyes toward the mountains. 
            From whence shall come my help? 
     My help come from the Lord,
            the maker of heaven and earth. 
     He will not allow my foot to slip; 
            or my guardian to sleep.
     Behold, the guardian of Israel
            never slumbers nor sleeps.
     The Lord is your guardian;
            the Lord is your shade
            at your right hand.
     By day the sun will not strike you,
            nor the moon by night.
     The Lord will guard you from all evil;
            He will guard your soul.
     The Lord will guard your coming and going
            both now and forever.

Then the second book I looked to, sited Psalm 121:2-3
(a bit different version than above)

My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. 

I am so deeply touched that God sent me both of these, same portions from the Bible; both from Psalm 121, to help me pray for you tonight, dear child! 

Remember that we must trust the One who writes our futures.  We must constantly turn to God in our times of fear.  Dear child, take the above verses to heart, as if they were written directly for you!  You are a beloved and protected child of God, and He does not rest from watching over you! 

Psalm 121 discusses some possible dangers of this world, but every one is offset by the guarding over us, by God. 

For instance, the last several days of heavy, dreary rain that God has sent to our area, will help prevent unwanted fires.

The technology that God has graced us with, smart phones, television, computers, home alarms; will all serve to help protect us from natural disaster and storms. 

Think about all of the ways that God uses creation, and His power, to protect us every day....

Remember sweet child, that Good triumphs over Evil, and God triumphs over all! Have faith and trust the Lord; He will protect His children! 



All my Love, 
      Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment