Sunday, June 12, 2016

Hyper-Sensitive!

As I am writing this, I am standing in a beautiful park. It is named"Peace Park", and peace is what I am seeking...

You see, a few weeks ago, something very personal happened, that has caused me to become hyper sensitive to everything! My senses are heightened in a very cranky, crabby, and negative way, since this event.

I have recently done a few out-of-character things, like running away from someone that I thought was following me (even though now I'm certain they weren't), and like calling local police to report a gunshot near my home, when I now believe it was quite likely the road work up my street.  Ugh! 

These feelings of hypersensitivity; of constantly feeling skeptical, are not healthy. This does not feel good inside.

So here I stand, in Peace Park, near the beautiful water fountain, all alone, asking God to help me find the peace that I know, that He wants for me...

I began purposefully thinking about the places in Scripture where I have heard the word Peace... 
These verses came to mind first:

Isaiah 54:10
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Psalms 29:11

The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his 

people with peace.



What comfort each and every one of those verses gives me, on this beautiful day, and for every day to come!

Just reading them, refreshes my mind and soul, and helps me recall the beautiful truth, that God wishes nothing less than peacefulness for all his beloved children.

I certainly came to the right place today, and am now reminded that peace is not only found at Peace Park, but within God's promises, and His Holy Word. 

I pray that I go forth from this place and continue my journey away from the hypersensitivity that has been affecting my life, and toward the peace God intends for me.

God intends Peace in Him, for us all! 


Post - note: 
Ok.....I wrote the above words 2 days ago.  Today, as I am sitting down to proof it, prior to posting,  My mind is filled once again, with alarming events....   The worst mass shooting is US history, has taken place early this morning;  a dear woman, wonderful Christian influence, and someone that I could always count on for a smile, kind words, and a hug, passed away yesterday, unexpectedly, and without time to say goodbye.....

Thank God once again, for the time that I had in Peace Park, because without that time of reflection and study, I would not be able to handle today's events as well as I am! 

When looking to social media, for details about the horrible shooting that took place eary this morning, I came across this prayer in my Facebook feed, and wanted to share it with you all: 
Prayers on the Prairie 
(shared here with permission) 
"O Lord our God,
The world overflows with tragedy and pain. Violent shootings, destructive weather, rampant viruses and horrific, nasty words continually rip apart what you have knit together. And then for a moment...the storm is stilled, the world quiets in the hush of a silent respite; written upon the sky is a gentle message of hope and love. Once again, we are reminded of the promised glory in resurrection. One day the trumpet will sound. One day wounded hearts will be healed and whole. One day Your peace will reign. One day the sting of all death will end and Your kingdom will blanket us in the grace of life eternal. ~Amen.
"I have written these things so that in me you have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" - John 16:33.

Wow.... look at that....the same verse from the glorious Bible, that I used to create the above image; the centerpiece of this post....and therefore, I am evermore praising God that He has overcome the World, so that I may have Peace! 

PEACE to your week to come! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel so deeply about hypersensitivity being a major problem in our ever-changing, fast paced world, that I will be holding a one night group study about "Hyper-Sensitivity", at Peace Park.   I pray that all believers gathered may, through listening and conversation, help each other to find Peace!If you live in or near my community, and wish to join a mixed group of beautiful, broken, believers; come to Peace Park, on Front Street, at 7:30 on June 22nd!    Bring a blanket or towel to sit on in the grass.  We will learn together! 


No comments:

Post a Comment