Sunday, February 26, 2017

Live life as a Warrior, not as a Worrier

That title quote came from a great book I just read, "Fear Fighting" by Kelly Balarie.  

The full sentence from the book was " I don't want to live life as a wreak; I want to live life as a worshiper and a warrior, not a worrier".  

What a great sentence! That about sums it up for me. Sometimes I feel like a wreck, when all I want to be is a worshiper and Warrior for Him!

We all need reminding, often, that we can be a great warrior for God, even in the little things we do each day.

Let me share with you some wonderful quotes from this great book....these caused me to do some soul-searching...

"It is imperative we stand united so when fear tries to knock us over into failure (which tends to disguise itself as the pursuit of perfection), we rise as a red-rover band of women unbroken."

"If you spend your whole life grasping for happy in the future, you’ll end up missing God’s transformation in the present. You’ll run after something but you’ll never catch it."

"...reality sometimes makes me ask myself, How do you chase God when a whole lot of cruddy stuff is always nipping at your heels?"

"...to believe is to relieve the tension of what is to come. You hand over your will and then rest arrives."

Okay, let's tackle that first quote about the Red-Rover band of women... Maybe you didn't get the image in your mind the first time you read it, but let me help you. Remember when you used to play Red Rover Red Rover? You linked hands and tried as hard as you could to hold on and not let anyone through your line. Well this is what us women need to live like. Imagine, if we all held on tightly to all the women around us, to beat the negativity that comes our way day in and day out. Imagine if we fought societies expectations together, rather than inflicting them upon each other. We could be an Unstoppable Force!

That 2nd quote above; wow!  I was just at a Women's conference this weekend, and heard the very same thought there too.  We are so wrapped up in making plans for the future, that we often miss the beauty in the moment right in front of us.   Ladies, let's try to be more cognizant of the wonderful blessings in each moment of TODAY. 

The third quote, to me, speaks about the speed of our ever busy lives.  The large number of chaotic "messes" that we get into and crawl out of, each and every day.   With all of that, where is there time to meditate over God's beautiful word or to knell in silent prayer?   

And lasty, of course, the reminder, the ever needed reminder, that we need not fear ANYTHING if we only believe.  If you trust and fully believe God's promises, there is no need to fear! 

The Book Fear Fighting by Kelly Balarie is just an all around, beautiful reminder of the strength that fear has over us, and the power that faith has against it!  


I would strongly recommend this book! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DEAR FRIENDS: Please help me out! 
I am entereing this Blog Post in a competition, in which the prize is a Publisher meeting or a Litterary Agent Meeting!!!! 
This is a HUGE opportunity for me, especially since I am already working on my 1st book! 
PLEASE, follow this link and VOTE FOR my post! 
I would really appreciate your vote!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can check out more information about this book and about Kelly Balarie at www.fearfightingbook.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment