Saturday, June 30, 2018

Share your Stories

Be open with your life experiences and share your stories!
The things that we learn along the road of life may be invaluable to someone else who is in the midst of a struggle or trial, which we have already journeyed through.


I am constantly amazed at what happens when I share my life stories! 

Recently, at a speaking engagement at which I spoke to a group of about 150 women, about faith and trusting God’s plan, I experienced once again, the importance of women sharing their journey with other women in order to help each other.
Certain times in life can be scary and trying, and having other women to bounce ideas off of and to gain information and life experience from, is very important.


At the event mentioned above, I spoke about my son having been born with only 1 kidney, and his health struggles related to that. After the event, an upper-aged woman came up to talk with me, and thanked me with tear-filled eyes, for sharing my son’s story and how well he doing now.
She went on to explain that her daughter has a young child who was born with only 1 kidney, and her daughter is also expecting her second child. Fear was weighing heavy on this young mom’s mind, as she worried about both her unborn child and her young child’s life-long health, and the possible struggles related to having only 1 kidney.


This grandmother lovingly embraced me as she told me how grateful her daughter would be, to hear how well my son is doing now, even despite past struggles. This mother and grandmother had felt helpless and without information or knowledge to guide her daughter through this fear, but now she had some good news to share. She hoped to ease her daughters anxieties a bit by sharing my story.
The above encounter forced me to think about all of the words of wisdom that have been shared with me over the years, and the many times that other women have shared their stories and experiences with me, and my fears were depleted because of it.

Psalm 145:4 (ESV)
One generation shall commend Your works to another, and shall declare Your mighty acts.

And so as women of faith before us have shared their stories, lessons, and experiences, we too shall share our God given victory stories, accounts of strife, and everything in-between, with other women, in order to encourage them through their rough times and assure them that the season will pass and God will work all things for good!
Share your stories, animate your life experiences and lessons, in order to guide the path and brighten the journey for another!
Have a blessed weekend! 



*This post 1st published on Daughters of the Deep 

No comments:

Post a Comment