Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Beginning

As I Sat on a little bench on top of this hill, I decided that today is the day to start my blog. I have wanted to start blogging, but the time has not felt right until this moment...after a completely sleepless night, due to thunderstorms and 5 inches of rain.

I began my hike this morning under many dark clouds. I wondered as I climbed this hill, "why does it have to be so gloomy today, why must I hike when its cold out, poor poor me" (feeling cranky)...

But once on top of the hill, I was immediately struck by the awesome beauty of the sun shining on the horizon. Just on the other side of the lake, the sun was shining brightly. I realized then that my day was about to turn around.

So there I sat cold, on this wet bench, thinking to myself, "isn't that how all of life works... God gives us all challenges, or hills to climb, but there is always a brighter horizon on the other side. The challenges that we face, no matter the size, always have a reason. God leads us through the hills and valleys of life, so that we can enjoy the sunnier, other side."

When in the midst of climbing the many hills that I have thus far in life, I don't usually understand the reason that God has given me a particular challenge, until I reach the top and see the beauty on the other side. God knows, and has always known, what he wants for each of our lives. His plan is carefully laid out. So, the next time that I stand at the bottom of the hill, facing a new challenge, I am going to try my best to face it with wonder and excitement to see the beauty that God has planned for me on the other side.

Always remember the beauty of God's Plan!   Have a Blessed Week!

1 comment: