Thursday, August 21, 2014

Today's theme = Love

Today's theme was first formed in the middle of the night, while up with my son; and he said "Mommy, I love the way you love us".    Awwww.  My heart was mush right then! 
Next, while eating breakfast, my daily devotion was titled "The Definition of Love". It cited
1 Corinthians 13, the best Bible verse about love (of course I think that, because that is what was read at my wedding!).
Then, all throughout my day at work, there were little tidbits of caring, sharing, & smiles that made my day great!  In the morning I had a conversation with a coworker about the motivational speaker that spoke to our staff just yesterday...  We discussed his stressed importance of "community" within the workplace, and how we both felt that the information learned yesterday could help us move forward into a great, new atmosphere with our coworkers! Then, I had lunch with a group of coworkers that I do not get to hang out with very often, and it was very pleasant and refreshing!
So, I found myself thinking, as I drove home this evening "Today I have received a strong message of love of fellow man and of friendship!"  The importance of encouraging each other and holding each other up is not something to be taken lightly!  It felt so good for me to feel a sense of team, belonging, and importance today in my family and my workplace, that I vow to try and continue spreading that feeling on to others, to make their days as bright as mine was today!
Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
And after finding the above verse, I also came across the following and thought, wow, isn't that the truth!  If more people of this world were focused on "team" success rather than "self" success, and we were all 'helping one another up' every day, what a difference that would make in the World!
Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another

No comments:

Post a Comment