Monday, July 20, 2015

Take in every Moment of Today


Last week, my children and I went camping all week.  Just the 3 of us.   It was a much needed time of reconnecting and fun!

 While we were there, I took the above 2 pictures of being silly at the park, and having a Nerf war.  Later on that same day, we had to run into town to get some groceries.  While we were at the store, I felt irritated, and wanted to hurry and get back to the relaxing atmosphere of the great outdoors!

About half way through the store, my younger son (8) asked me "Mom, will you take a picture of me 'High-Fiving' the Kool-Aid guy?"  I sighed in frustration, and turned to him to say no, but when I looked at the glow on his face, my mind was changed to YES.  So, I said yes, and that is where the 3rd pic above came from.

Now, that doesn't seem like much of a big moment, but for me, it actually was.  As I finished grocery shopping I couldn't stop thinking "We are on vacation.  I have no place to be today.  Why was I going to say No to something that brings my child a moment of joy?"

As Americans, our lives are so rushed, day in and day out, that I believe we are conditioned to always rush.   I was unable to come up with a good answer to myself, of why I almost said no to this request of my child.  It only took 30 seconds out of my day, to make my child smile, and that is worth the World!

Noticing this constant rush, that has crept into my life without me even knowing it, has really made me think twice about each and every moment of every day!   I find myself enjoying every special moment with my children, no matter the length, impact, or result of that moment.

My wish for you is that you too can learn to enjoy every moment of every day, and be thankful for each and every experience, because life is a gift!!

Blessings & Special moments to you all!






1 comment:

  1. I have tried to make this the theme of my summer, but it slips away so easily, chased out by the busy. Thanks for the reminder! #shespeaks15

    ReplyDelete