Monday, July 13, 2015

Take your time....


I just came across this picture today, and laughed out loud!  It shows exactly how I have been feeling today....anxious.

My current interpretation of this cartoon is from Noah's viewpoint...  I feel as though I have received my instructions from God, I know what I am supposed to do, and where I am headed, I just have a few things slowing me down.... (Those darn snails!)

I have been public speaking periodically for about 4 years now. I have learned that I have a deep passion for sharing my stories of Trials and Living Responsibly, and Faith!!  I have been soliciting my own bookings for about two years, with not a lot of luck  (I'm not speaking as often as I'd like). I finally made the decision last winter, to register for a speaking conference.  Ever sense I registered for this all female speaking conference, I can't get my wishes/dreams/drive to speak out of my head. I have been waiting and praying and hoping for this conference to come, and waiting impatiently for whatever wonderful Divine Direction it takes me in!

So, with the conference approaching in 9 days, I find myself in the position of Noah... The Waters of excitement are rising around me, I can see the "light at the end of the tunnel", so to speak. But I have to WAIT, for God's plan to play out, and all he has in store for me...

Do you have 'snails' in your life, holding you back from moving forward as quickly as you'd like?

Here's a verse that helps:

Isaiah 40:31

but they who wait for the Lord, shall renew their strength;
    they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
    they shall walk and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment