Sunday, November 15, 2015

Crazy!

Sometimes life can get just plain CRAZY!

For 48 hrs. (well, we did sleep some, of course), I have had many many boys running through my house! Neighborhood boys, of all ages.....seriously ages 4 through maybe 13.....

Nerf wars galore, unbelievable amounts of jerky & Gatorade consumed!  I have never seen a whole pan of rice crispy bars eaten, before they even hardened up.....

This type of FUN makes me smile! I am so very happy that there are tons of kids around, in our neighborhood, to hang out with my boys!   But.....sometimes it is overwhelming..... to try to be cleaning, or Blogging, or cooking, or even just plain thinking through something, with the craziness around.... :)  These boys can get SO loud, and SO energized!!

But, It was all brought into perspective today, when one of my boys spiked a fever, very suddenly, of 104..... I can't get it to go away with meds, he looks so very uncomfortable! :(  The house is much more quiet now.   There are still other boys around, with my youngest, but the noise level is dulled, per my instruction.

So here I sit, in silence, able to put my thoughts together to Blog, but realizing, that I would much rather have the CRAZY laughter and joy of them all, filling my house!  Regarding parenting, people often say "Quiet usually means their up to something", but in this instance, quiet means that one of the 'crew' is not well.  Which is a bummer for everyone! 

As I thought about the vast volume difference in my home, I kept thinking about Psalm 100, Verses 1-2 

      On your feet now—applaud God!

     Bring a gift of laughter,    
     sing yourselves into his presence.


Oh how I wish that my children were always 'on their feet' bringing laughter before God!  It is tough to keep up with them when they are well, but even more tough to watch them lay around, not feeling well!   I feel very blessed to have a home that is welcoming to other children!  I know that I am fortunate to have the opportunity to overhear their laughter.  

I don't really know where I am going with this post.....other than wanting to say....   Thank you God for all the days of running feet on my floor or in my yard.   Thank you Lord for the gift of children, who bring laughter to the World.  Thank you Lord for great friends, and for fun days. May you bless Your children with more healthy days than ill, more laughter than tears, and more time spent singing unto You, than anything else!  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment