Sunday, August 7, 2016

Consumed






consume



verbconsumed




1.
to destroy or expend by use; use up.
2.
to eat or drink up; devour.
3.
to destroy, as by decomposition or burning:
Fire consumed the forest.
4.
to spend (money, time, etc.) wastefully.
5.
to absorb; engross:


Consumed...that is a perfect definition of how I often feel!  I am "Used Up" by my children and my household responsibilities.  I am "Spent Wastefully" by the requirements of this life; required work to earn money to live, kids' school requirements, society requirements, family requirements, etc.   I just want to spend all of my energy and all of my time praising God and teaching about God and living always reflected God's love! 

But, that is unrealistic.  Unfortunately, even becoming a Pastor would not take away the many requirements of society, that I feel "waste" my energy and God given gifts.

I would guess that many of you have felt this way at one time or another, or maybe feel CONSUMED by something right now....

Thankfully, our reserves of energy and positivity ARE "New Each Morning"!  I find that in the evenings, as day comes to a close, I often feel sad about the lack of productivity that day, in my Ministry and my writing.  I see all of the ways that my time was used that day, many of which were not utilization of my God given gifts. 

But I know, because of God's promises, that each morning, all things are new! I will have the energy again in the morning, I will have the day ahead of me again in the morning, I will still have my hopes and dreams and focuses, and Can revisit my to do list in the morning!

Thank you Lord that your compassion's are new each morning!

2 comments:

  1. Amen to this! I love being refreshed and renewed every morning, with a new chance each day to start over. Maybe this is why I am now a morning person? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Comment! I agree, I too am a Morning Person through-and-through! We are New Each Morning! :)

      Delete