Tuesday, August 23, 2016

When You are Broken and Sinking....

Have you ever felt like your ship was sinking? Like the broken pieces of you could not go on... 

About a week ago, I was that broken, sinking ship. 



The morning that I fell apart, I tried, under my own power, to put my pieces together, just enough to get through the day... But, I was not successful. 

I did reluctantly get out of bed, and I got ready for the day, and I showed up at work, but less than 1 hour later my coworkers gracefully told me to take the day off. You see, I could not stop crying, right there at my desk.  (I thank the Lord for their Grace in telling me to take time for myself.)

Once I had the whole day ahead of me to sort through my broken pieces, I began to try to repair this ship that wants to sail everyday, in glory for my Lord!   But, I was missing something....

I went for a long walk down by the river (seriously, not just a reference of that great hymn).  As I was walking along the riverside praying, with tears streaming down my cheeks, I turned Christian radio on, and this wonderful song was the first to play...


Thank the Lord for that song!  I really needed the reminder, right in that very moment, that I could not fix this on my own!  But through Faith, and with the help of God alone, I would be able to put all of these pieces back together and sail in glory once again!

I kept walking, and the tears began to slow, as I listened to the same song over and over. The words were so reassuring and spoke to me so deeply....

"You Alone are the Anchor, when my Sails are torn" 

"Your Love Surrounds me in the Eye of the Storm" 

"I Find my Peace in Jesus' Name" 

"My Only Hope is to Trust You" 

"When the Storm is Ragging, and my hope is gone; You're still Holding On" 

By the tenth repeat, the tears had stopped. I could feel the Broken Pieces of my soul beginning to plan for rebuilding!  I walked and listened more, not just to the song, but also to God's voice through it. I took pictures of God's beautiful creation, while also forming pictures in my mind of how to move forward; how to rebuild my ship...

In times of Brokenness, it is so important, so extremely VITAL, that we remember Who our Anchor is!  That we know in our hearts that He is the one holding us up and leading us to Restoration; and toward many more days of working/'sailing' for His Glory! 

For several days after my ship nearly sank, the most Peace that I was able to find was in this song combined with prayer.

With each time that I listen and pray, another piece of my brokenness is repaired.  God is right beside me, holding me together and Anchoring me to the truth that He cares for me! 

I now have a picture of a boat, on my desk that says 
"Keep Rowing!   God is Good!  1 Peter 5:7" 

 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
                                1 Peter 5:7
                                                                   Click to Tweet


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Victor! I appreciate that! I know, without a doubt, that God will see me through these stormy waters of life!
      Blessings to you!

      Delete