Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Missing Someone

Every day over the past 4 work days, I have arrived at work, pulled into my assigned parking spot, and stepped into the empty spot beside me....    Before, I may have not even noticed whether there was a car next to me or not, but now, after the untimely and unexpected death of my coworker, I notice every day that her parking spot next to mine is empty.  I feel confused each morning as I step unto that empty spot and into a feeling of loss....
 
She was not a large part of my life, but I think of her every day nonetheless.  She always brought a smile to my face and laughter to my heart with her joyous demeanor!
 
How are we to overcome unexpected tragedies?  Certain things that happen in life can be so very confusing.  It is often difficult to even begin to make sense of it all...
 
Luckily, the scripture of Isaiah 41:10 crossed my path today, and I was reminded that I do not need to know the answers or the reasons why.   The Lord will help us all through this and other times of confusion.  There is nothing to fear!
 
I am thankful for having known her.   She complemented my fashion sense often and brightened my day many times!  Because I remember her fondly, I have chosen today to use that empty parking spot that I notice each day as a reminder to smile at others, be kind, and bring joy to someone else's day, as she did to mine.
 
Thank you Lord, for providing me with your word, once again, to bring me through confusion and into the brightness of Your plan!   May we all seek strength from on High and remember fondly the people who have made us smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment