Monday, September 8, 2014

Over planned

My type A personality is really draining my energy lately!  My need to plan ahead for everything has me running around nonstop, about 18 hours a day, to cover all the bases.
 
I keep asking myself "Why am I so exhausted?". But if I step back and look at my life, there are many obvious answers to that question...
 
Here's a scene from last week; I made a special trip to the store late one night to purchase Lunchables for my children's crazy evening the following day; then I forgot to take them with the next morning, and went back home to get them, making me late for work; I then put them in the fridge at work, and FORGOT them there that afternoon!!!!   ARRGGHHH!!!
 
But, guess what....my kids survived!  We made it through our appointments right after work on suckers from my purse & poweraide from the vending machine.  The kids didn't know the difference.   They were fine!
 
This little experience and all the stress I caused myself to try to be completely in control of the situation, made me begin thinking about other, non detrimental, areas of my mommy life that I may be "overdoing it"....and wow were there a lot!   So I began writing down the things that I should 'ease up' on a bit, like: monitoring time spent on Minecraft (sure, I wouldn't want them to spend all day on this, but it is a harmless game), checking their teeth EVERY morning to make sure they brushed ok (I mean come on, give the kids a break. :) ), and the list keeps growing.....
 
This then led to me noticing little things that I was trying to control in other aspects of my life too.   It felt really good to notice these things, and begin to reconsider the amount of energy I was spending on trying to prepare fully for every little thing!  As I realized more and more areas of my life that I just need to RELAX on a bit,  I remembered a tattoo I once admired that said "Let Go & Let God", so I searched for a graphic related to that.  
 
Below is what I found.   It is now my cell phone background, and the background on both of my laptops, so that I am constantly remind to breathe, pray, relax, and let God handle it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment