Thursday, September 4, 2014

Tears

Yesterday was a very tough day!  In the 3 1/2 yrs. I have worked at my current job, today was only the 2nd time that I have cried at work.  I don't cry often, and it generally takes a lot to get my emotions to come to the surface...

Yesterday though, I was put down and accused in front of coworkers, and for whatever reason, it embarrassed me enough to cause the tears to flow freely.

As I tried to put my thoughts and feelings into words for my Blog last night, I found myself unable to.  So, I sought a scripture reading that would help, and I was led to this one:

Matthew 15:10-11
After Jesus called the crowd to Him, He said to them, "Hear and understand. "It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man."

So, with this short post, I hope to encourage my readers to remember how much words and accusations can hurt others, and that generally the person who appears worst to others, is the one spouting off.

I am on my lunch break now, and as I hit "publish", I am closing the book on this experience (thank God). Here's to a great rest of the week for me and all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment