Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sparkle

I was very fortunate, when writing this post, to be sitting next to a pool, relaxing, and reading a book... :)
As I sat there, taking in each second of peace, and each word read.... I came upon a portion of the book, about "losing your sparkle", and realized that is what had temporarily happened to me....
I had been wondering what happened to my zeal for writing, over the past 3 weeks, and I finally realized today, that it was definitely the devil, the "thief" spoke of in John 10:10, that had put a stop to my progress...
John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
You see, first I watched the numbers of readers of my Blog go down (probably because of Holiday busy-ness, now that I think about it), and I got discouraged.   Then, I watched someone else in my life get published in magazines, multiple times, without ever wanting that in her life, or pursuing publication; and I have been trying for almost a year to get my writing into various magazines....
The devil had put me on a 'pitty party' for a bit....   But thank God that I snapped out of it today!!   Thank you Lord for the peace to reflect on what was happening, and to feel and find my "sparkle" once again!!
Now I am reviewing my promotion of this Blog, and realizing that I had begun to slack in that area.  And, I am feeling foolish for allowing envy to creep in and overshadow the success of a very deserving woman!  I know in my heart that God's timing ALWAYS prevails, so I will be published when HE ok's it!
I am so thankful to be reminded, once again, that Jesus came, and suffered here on Earth, so that we all may have LIFE and have it ABUNDANTLY! 
May you be reminded always, of your Sparkle, and remember all that Jesus Christ endured, so that His people may live abundantly!!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for these encouraging words! I can relate. We just celebrated the birth of a Savior that all started with a sparkling star over Bethlehem. May He keep us sparkling for Him. My writing mentor shares a thought from her daughter during a competition, "No one can compete for God's will for my life." I find that when I look to the left and right (others) and compare, I am not looking up at Jesus as He directs MY steps. The Lord is and will continue to work in your life and through your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you So much Karen, for sharing your beautiful perspective!

      Delete