Thursday, January 14, 2016

Steep Mountains of Life

Challenges of life. Daily Parenting Hardships. Arguments. Exhaustion. 

These are just a few of the many things that are trying to pull me down lately.  Life goes through valleys and mountains; times of needing to climb, and times of even, easy roads. Sometimes the journey is 'hilly', with constant small ups and small downs that need to be navigated. And sometimes, the terrain is so difficult that is doesn't seem like you will make it....

When I'm in one of those roller coaster type seasons of life, I get so tired; so mentally tired!  The constant twists and hikes in the road, unexpected and uneven, really wear on me. 

Luckily, I know in my heart, that all of the trials of this life, will someday be over.  That there is a promised destination, that will be 'smooth sailing'..... :) 

That thought alone, makes me smile!  Envisioning a sailboat on a perfect sea, coasting along in beautiful, perfect sunshine.....  That is certainly one of the ways that I imagine Heaven to be! 

Today, as I was feeling overwhelmed by everything in life, God sent me this wonderful tune, on the radio: 

"Long Way Home", By Steven Curtis Chapman 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1p-QfgkLow

Here are some of the lyrics that I like best: 
"But I had no way of knowing, just how this journey could be" 
"But I know we're gonna make it" 
"And I know sometimes it feels like we're going the wrong way" 
"It's just a long way home" 

"My heart gets so heavy with the weight of the World sometimes" 
" I can hardly wait for the day I get to lay it all down" 

"And when we can't take another step, The Father will pick us up and carry us in his arms" 


It most certainly is a 'Long Way', a long road, to our Heavenly home.  There is so much to be done as we journey there. But the journey should be cherished.  The trials should remind us that God is in charge.  And the best thing to remember, day in and day out, is the "When we can't take another step, the Father will pick us up and carry us in his arms"!

May you have Peace today, knowing that you are never alone in your struggles; and may you be reminded that someday, you will lay all your burdens down forever! 

Blessings!  Displaying PicsArt_1452570172444.jpg
Displaying PicsArt_1452570172444.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment