Friday, January 22, 2016

There is only One....

There is only One......  One God that we can trust in everything.  One Lord and Savior that we can rely on.  One Spirit that is present to answer prayer. One being that knows the plan for our days; our lives.

Sometimes it takes me a long time to learn a lesson.....

There were many lessons learned in this past week, and I am so thankful to God that the answers all pointed right to Him.

Reality, gave me some tough reminders this week.  I was harshly reminded not to trust in human kind.

People in our lives will always let us down at one point or another.  I happen to be an exceptionally sensitive soul, that gets very 'rocked' by let-downs.  I allow people to get so close to my heart, so informed of my hopes and dreams, that they know all of me.....  Then, when a person that I have opened up to, disappoints me or hurts me, I end up crushed.  

This has happened to me three times, in just the past year, the most recent of which was this week....

But this time was different....  I spent hours, literally, praying, throughout the night that it happened.  I prayed for clarity, and strength, I prayed for vision.  I prayed for peace in my heart.  I prayed and prayed as I cried and cried....

And the tears and prayers were not just about what happened that night, but about all of the trials that I have faced in the past year.  These tears needed to flow, and these prayers needed to be said, over and over...

The lesson learned by me that night, finally, was that we cannot put all of our trust in another human, we should not hang all of our hopes on another human, we cannot rely fully on another human; for we will always get hurt.  I was reminded, in a very BOLD way though, that there is someone that we can trust and hope in, and rely on, etc.; and that is our wonderful, God! 

Isaiah 41:13 For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”

Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

This song sums it all up.....

"Trust In You" by

Lauren Daigle 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_aVFVveJNs
We must "lay it all down at His Feet".  The only place that we leave all of our burdens, and be fully heard, fully received, and return with Peace, is at the Feet of God!

"I need Your rest"  The only way that we can find total rest and comfort, is in the Word of God, and the presence of the Spirit which is received when we open up to him for help or comfort! 

"King of the Fight"  Of Course!  Jesus has lived this whole earthly battle!   He knows what it is like!  He knows the struggles, and the hurt, and the disappoints from those around you!  He is the King of the Fight! Who better to turn to during each and every struggle, then the one who has experienced them all! 

"No matter what I face, You are by my side" 
He is the companion that is with us, all the time, no matter what! 

"You know what tomorrow brings" Disappointments of today, lead to Joy tomorrow.  God knows the plan.  God has reasons for each thing that happens to us!  We just have to trust Him! 
"You are my strength and comfort" 
"You are my steady hand" 
"I will trust, I will trust in You"



No comments:

Post a Comment